Beat the Odds - Check-List
The Beat the Odds application requires information about the applicant’s background, academics and interests. Please ensure you have access to the following information *before* beginning the application:
1. Personal Information: Applicant name, address, phone, email, gender, race and date of birth.
2. Family Information: Parent/ Guardian(s) name, phone, and email; annual family income; total size and make up of household.
3. Academic Information: Name, address, phone and fax of current high school; school principal’s name, phone, and email; school counselor’s name, phone, and email.
4. Uploads: In addition, applicants are required to scan and upload the following:
- A personal statement, of no more than 750 typed words, that describes the major obstacles and challenges in your life and how you have or are working to overcome them; your past and current family, financial, educational, and emotional support systems; how you have been able to achieve academic success or show marked improvement in academics, despite your hardships; and your commitment to serving others, for example; involvement in service clubs at school, community-based service, or taking on major home or work responsibilities.
- Unofficial high school transcript - unweighted G.P.A.
- A copy of your academic/ professional resume
- Signed media release form. Download here: